Alec Baldwin’s wife, Hilaria Baldwin, has spoken out in the wake of her husband’s involuntary manslaughter charges for the on-set death of “Rust” cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
On the most recent episode of her podcast, “Witches Anonymous,” released Sunday, the 39-year-old discussed the support her family has received since the news broke.
“It’s been an emotional time for my family. And I do so want to express to you how grateful I am for your support and your kindness and your reason,” Hilaria said. “Quite honestly, without it, we would crumble. So, thank you so much for being our rock right now because I don’t feel so strong.”
On Monday, it was announced that Alec will be formally charged with involuntary manslaughter on Tuesday.
“The District Attorney and the special prosecutor are fully focused on securing justice for Halyna Hutchins,” New Mexico First Judicial District Attorney’s Office spokesperson Heather Brewer said in a statement. “The evidence and the facts speak for themselves.”
ALEC BALDWIN TO BE FORMALLY CHARGED IN FATAL ‘RUST’ SHOOTING
Alec Baldwin will be formally charged with involuntary manslaughter on Tuesday, Jan. 31.
(Angela Weiss / AFP via Getty Images / File)
On her podcast, Hilaria noted, “Kids are sponges, and certain conversations are not always age-appropriate. We cannot deny that they don’t feel the energy and pick up on certain things in the family and at home.”
The mother of seven went on to talk with Dr. Hillary Goldsher, a psychologist with a focus on parenting, about “how to take care of our children and ourselves when times are hard.”
She concluded the podcast by thanking listeners and fans once more for their “kindness and support.”
Alec and Hilaria Baldwin are shown with their children at the "The Boss Baby: Family Business" premiere in 2021. They have since welcomed their seventh child together.
(Jason Mendez / WireImage / File)
ALEC BALDWIN BEING CONVICTED OF INVOLUNTARY MANSLAUGHTER WILL BE AN ‘UPHILL BATTLE:’ LEGAL EXPERTS EXPLAIN WHY
Earlier this month, it was announced that Alec would be charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Hutchins.
The 42-year-old cinematographer was killed on the New Mexico set of the Western film “Rust” when live ammunition was loaded into a weapon that was handed to Alec while rehearsing a scene. The actor has since denied he pulled the trigger of the gun that killed Hutchins.
The film’s director, Joel Souza, was also struck but survived, and no charges were filed related to his injury.
Alec Baldwin will be charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
(Mark Sagliocco / Getty Images for National Geographic / File | Mat Hayward / Getty Images for AMC Networks / File)
ALEC BALDWIN SHOULD ‘KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT’ AMID CHARGES IN FATAL ‘RUST’ SHOOTING: LEGAL EXPERTS
Involuntary manslaughter is a Class D felony punishable by up to 18 months in jail and a $5,000 fine.
Alec’s second count is involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act, which “requires proof that there was more than simple negligence involved in a death,” according to the DA’s office. It is also punishable by up to 18 months in jail and a $5,000 fine.
However, this charge includes a firearm enhancement. If convicted on the enhancement, Baldwin would face a mandatory five years in jail.
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
Alec’s attorney called the charges a “terrible miscarriage of justice” in a statement to Fox News Digital.
“This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice,” said Luke Nikas of law firm Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. “Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun – or anywhere on the movie set. He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds. We will fight these charges, and we will win.”
Alec Baldwin is shown on the "Rust" movie set.
(Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office)
Hutchins’ family filed a wrongful death lawsuit against Alec and other key members of the production in February 2022. The lawsuit called out “reckless behavior and cost-cutting” that led to the death of Hutchins, according to the family’s lawyer. Alec, in addition to starring in the movie, also serves as a producer.
Matthew Hutchins, the late cinematographer’s husband, announced in October that the civil lawsuit had been settled, pending court approval.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Alec Baldwin will return to the "Rust" production in the lead role after criminal charges for the cinematographer’s death.
(MEGA / File)
Despite the tragic incident, production on “Rust” is moving forward with Alec resuming his lead role in the film. Melina Spadone, attorney for Rust Movie Productions LLC, confirmed to Fox News Digital that the movie is “on track to be completed with Mr. Baldwin in the lead role and Joel Souza as director.”
Fox News Digital’s Tracy Wright and Lauryn Overhultz contributed to this report.