Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom’s title and release date came in the Nintendo Direct’s final announcement.
Nintendo hit us with a bunch of exciting announcements in Tuesday’s Nintendo Direct livestream, revealing the title and release date of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild’s sequel, a re-release of N64 classic GoldenEye 007, a new Fire Emblem game, the next wave of Mario Kart 8 tracks and more.
Let’s run through the lot.
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is the name of Breath of the Wild’s sequel, and comes out May 12, 2023.
- GoldenEye 007 will join the Nintendo Switch Online N64 library “soon,” and include online multiplayer.
- Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1 and Mario Party 2 will also join the Nintendo Switch Online N64 library this year. Mario Party 3, Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2, 1080 Snowboarding and Excitebike 64 will be added in 2023.
- Pikmin 4 will come out in 2023. We didn’t see any gameplay for the real-time strategy and puzzle game, but you can play from the Pikmins’ perspective near the ground rather than the series’ traditional isometric viewpoint.
- Fire Emblem Engage will be the next game in the turn-based strategy RPG series, and comes out Jan. 20, 2023.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s next batch of booster course DLC will include Merry Mountain from Mario Kart Tour and Peach Gardens from Mario Kart DS (along with two other unrevealed tracks), and launches this holiday season.
- Octopath Traveler 2, the sequel to the 2018 HD/2D RPG, will arrive Feb. 24, 2023.
- Bayonetta 3 got a new gameplay trailer ahead of its Oct. 28 release. The video is age-restricted and only available on YouTube, against Bayonetta is a bit rude.
- Crisis Core Final Fantasy 7 Reunion, the remake of the 2007 PSP Final Fantasy 7 prequel, got a Dec. 13 release date.
- Theatrhythm Final Bar Line, a Final Fantasy-inspired rhythm action game, was revealed and comes out Feb. 16, 2023.
- Kirby’s Return to Dream Land Deluxe, an enhanced port of the 2011 Wii game, will come out Feb. 24, 2023.
- It Takes Two, the acclaimed co-op adventure, will come to Switch on Nov. 4.
- Tunic, the indie-developed puzzle-solving adventure, hits Switch on Sept. 27.
- Resident Evil Village will get a cloud release on Switch on Oct. 28, with the Winters’ Expansion DLC coming on Dec. 2. – Resident Evil 7, the Resident Evil 2 remake and the Resident Evil 3 remake will also get cloud releases this year.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3’s expansion will add a new hero and challenge battles, and comes out Oct. 13.
- Switch Sports’ next free update will add golf this holiday season
- Mario Strikers: Battle League is getting a free update this month, adding Pauline and Diddy Kong