Do you ever feel overwhelmed by the constant buzzing of your phone from group chats and emails? Do you wish you could turn off specific notifications, without turning off all of your notifications? If you answered “yes,” then you are in the right place.
I will show you how to silence messages on your iPhone from certain conversations and how to mute email threads that you don’t want to follow. This way, you can still receive all of your other important notifications without being bombarded by certain conversations.
CLICK TO GET KURT’S FREE CYBERGUY NEWSLETTER WITH SECURITY ALERTS, QUICK VIDEO TIPS, TECH REVIEWS, AND EASY HOW-TO’S TO MAKE YOU SMARTER
Person reading conversation on iPhone (Kurt "CyberGuy" Knutsson)
MORE: HOW TO FILTER, SORT EMAILS ON YOUR IPHONE, IPAD
How to hide message alerts on your iPhone
If you want to hide message alerts from a specific group chat or individual on your iPhone, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to the Messages app
- Select the conversation you want to silence
- In the top center, tap the name of the person or people who are in the conversation
- Toggle Hide Alerts
Steps to mute message alerts on iPhone (Kurt "CyberGuy" Knutsson)
- Now you won’t receive any notifications from that conversation, unless you open the Messages app and check it manually
MORE: 4 WAYS TO PRINT OUT, SAVE, SEND YOUR IPHONE’S TEXT MESSAGES
How to mute email threads on your iPhone
If you want to mute email threads from a specific sender or subject on your iPhone, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Mail app on your iPhone
- Tap on the conversation you want to mute
- Tap the left pointing arrow at the bottom of your screen
- Scroll down, then tap Mute
Steps to mute email threads on your iPhone (Kurt "CyberGuy" Knutsson)
- Now you won’t receive any notifications from that email thread, unless you open the Mail app and check it manually.
Kurt’s key takeaways
Silencing group chats and emails can help you reduce distractions and focus on the things that matter to you. You can also avoid unnecessary stress and anxiety from unwanted messages. By following the simple steps we provided, you can silence messages and emails on your iPhone without missing important notifications.
How do you cope with the fear of missing out (FOMO) when you silence or mute certain conversations? Let us know by writing us at Cyberguy.com/Contact.
For more of my tech tips and security alerts, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report Newsletter by heading to Cyberguy.com/Newsletter.
Ask Kurt a question or let us know what stories you’d like us to cover.
Answers to the most asked CyberGuy questions:
- What is the best way to protect your Mac, Windows, iPhone and Android devices from getting hacked?
- What is the best way to stay private, secure and anonymous while browsing the web?
- How can I get rid of robocalls with apps and data-removal services?
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved.