See at ExpressVPN ExpressVPN Best VPN for streaming See at ExpressVPN See at Sling TV Sling TV Watch the Premier League on USA Network from $40 per month See at Sling TV See at TNT Sport TNT Sports Watch over 50 Premier League games live in the UK with TNT Sports See at TNT Sport See at Fubo Canada Fubo Canada Watch the Premier League from CA$25 per month See at Fubo Canada See at Optus Sport Optus Sport Watch the Premier League in Australia from AU$7 a month See at Optus Sport
Two west London rivals currently stuck in midtable go head to head at Stamford Bridge on Saturday as Chelsea take on Fulham in the English Premier League.
Both teams suffered Carabao Cup semifinal disappointment in midweek, with Chelsea crashing to a 1-0 defeat to Championship side Middlesbrough in their first leg, and Fulham losing to Liverpool after leading at Anfield on Wednesday.
Chelsea have won their last two EPL fixtures, while Marco Silva’s Cottagers will be looking to improve upon on their concerning away form, which has seen them fail to win on the road for two months.
Below, we’ll outline the best live TV streaming services to use to watch the game live wherever you are in the world.
Raheem Sterling was unable to get on the scoresheet in Chelsea’s disappointing midweek ELF Cup defeat to Middlesbrough.
Chelsea vs. Fulham: When and where?
Chelsea host Fulham at Stamford Bridge on Saturday, Jan. 13. Kickoff is set for 12:30 p.m. GMT (7:30 a.m. ET, 4:30 a.m. PT in the US and Canada, and 11:30 p.m. AEDT in Australia).
How to watch the Chelsea vs. Fulham game online from anywhere using a VPN
If you find yourself unable to view the game locally, you may need a different way to watch the game — that’s where using a VPN can come in handy. A VPN is also the best way to stop your ISP from throttling your speeds on game day by encrypting your traffic, and it’s also a great idea if you’re traveling and find yourself connected to a Wi-Fi network, and you want to add an extra layer of privacy for your devices and logins.
With a VPN, you’re able to virtually change your location on your phone, tablet or laptop to get access to the game. So if your internet provider or mobile carrier has stuck you with an IP address that incorrectly shows your location in a blackout zone, a VPN can correct that problem by giving you an IP address in your correct, non-blackout area. Most VPNs, like our Editors’ Choice, ExpressVPN, make it really easy to do this.
Using a VPN to watch or stream sports is legal in any country where VPNs are legal, including the US, UK and Canada, as long as you have a legitimate subscription to the service you’re streaming. You should be sure your VPN is set up correctly to prevent leaks: Even where VPNs are legal, the streaming service may terminate the account of anyone it deems to be circumventing correctly applied blackout restrictions.
Looking for other options? Be sure to check out some of the other great VPN deals taking place right now.
Best VPN for streaming
ExpressVPN is our current best VPN pick for people who want a reliable and safe VPN, and it works on a variety of devices. It’s normally $13 per month, and you can sign up for ExpressVPN and save 49% plus get three months of access for free — the equivalent of $6.67 per month — if you get an annual subscription.
Note that ExpressVPN offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
See at ExpressVPN
Livestream Chelsea vs. Fulham in the US
Saturday’s Chelsea-Fulham match is streaming on USA Network, which you can access as part of your cable package or at the NBC Sports website with a valid login, and can be streamed via Sling TV and other more expensive streaming TV services.
Watch the Premier League on USA Network from $40 per month
Sling TV’s Blue plan includes USA Network making it a great option for those wanting to watch Premier League action. It’s $40 per month and includes over 40 channels, including other sports channels like ESPN and FS1.
See at Sling TV
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Fulham game in the UK
Premier League rights in the UK are split between Sky Sports, Amazon Prime Video and TNT Sports (previously known as BT Sport). The Chelsea-Fulham game is exclusive to TNT Sports — showing on its TNT Sports 1, TNT Sports 1 HD and TNT Sport Ultimate channels.
Watch over 50 Premier League games live in the UK with TNT Sports
Having been renamed from BT Sports, TNT Sports will be offering a sizable 52 matches exclusively live this season to viewers in the UK. You can access TNT Sports in exactly the same way as its predecessor, including via Sky Q as a TV package, as well as the option of streaming online. It costs £30 either way and comes in a package that includes Discovery Plus’ library of documentary content.
See at TNT Sport
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Fulham game in Canada
If you want to stream Chelsea vs. Fulham live in Canada, you’ll need to subscribe to Fubo. The service has exclusive rights for this Premier League season.
Watch the Premier League from CA$25 per month
Fubo is the go-to destination for Canadians looking to watch the EPL this season with exclusive streaming rights to every game. It costs CA$25 per month, though you can save some cash by paying quarterly or annually.
See at Fubo Canada
Livestream the Chelsea vs. Fulham game in Australia
Football fans Down Under can watch this EPL fixture on streaming service Optus Sport, which is showing every single Premier League game live in Australia this season.
Watch the Premier League in Australia from AU$7 a month
With exclusive rights to screen every EPL match live this season, as well as German Bundesliga and Spanish La Liga games, streaming service Optus Sport is a particularly big draw for Aussie soccer fans.
If you’re already an Optus network customer you can bag Optus Sport for a reduced price, with discounts bringing the price down to as low as AU$7 per month. If you’re not, a standalone monthly subscription to the service starts at AU$25.
See at Optus Sport
Quick tips for streaming the Premier League using a VPN
- With four variables at play — your ISP, browser, video streaming provider and VPN — your experience and success when streaming EPL matches may vary.
- If you don’t see your desired location as a default option for ExpressVPN, try using the “search for city or country” option.
- If you’re having trouble getting the game after you’ve turned on your VPN and set it to the correct viewing area, there are two things you can try for a quick fix. First, log into your streaming service subscription account and make sure the address registered for the account is an address in the correct viewing area. If not, you may need to change the physical address on file with your account. Second, some smart TVs — like Roku — don’t have VPN apps you can install directly on the device itself. Instead, you’ll have to install the VPN on your router or the mobile hotspot you’re using (like your phone) so that any device on its Wi-Fi network now appears in the correct viewing location.
- All of the VPN providers we recommend have helpful instructions on their main site for quickly installing the VPN on your router. In some cases with smart TV services, after you install a cable network’s sports app, you’ll be asked to verify a numeric code or click a link sent to your email address on file for your smart TV. This is where having a VPN on your router will also help, since both devices will appear to be in the correct location.
- And remember, browsers can often give away a location despite using a VPN, so be sure you’re using a privacy-first browser to log into your services. We normally recommend Brave.