Categories: U.S.

Venezuelan illegal migrant, an alleged cartel member, charged in connection to Chicago drive-by shooting

close Video

Fox News Flash top headlines for March 5

Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what’s clicking on Foxnews.com.

Join Fox News for access to this content Plus special access to select articles and other premium content with your account – free of charge. Please enter a valid email address. By entering your email and pushing continue, you are agreeing to Fox News’ Terms of Use and Privacy Policy, which includes our Notice of Financial Incentive. To access the content, check your email and follow the instructions provided. Having trouble? Click here.

Officials have announced that charges have been filed against an illegal Venezuelan migrant and alleged cartel member in connection with a drive-by shooting last month in the Little Village neighborhood in Chicago, according to FOX 32.

On Tuesday, Chicago Police and the U.S. Marshals Service told FOX 32 that Adelvis Carmona Rodriguez, 29, was identified as the gunman who allegedly shot at a 27-year-old woman during a drive-by shooting on Feb. 4.

According to FOX 32, the victim suffered gunshot wounds throughout her body and was transported to a local hospital where she was listed in critical condition. 

The suspect was charged with attempted first-degree murder, aggravated assault with a weapon and possession of a weapon.

MIGRANT ON TERROR WATCHLIST ARRESTED ILLEGALLY CROSSING TEXAS BORDER PRIOR TO BIDEN, TRUMP VISITS: SOURCES

A flight operated by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) takes Venezuelan nationals back to Venezuela in October. (U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement)

FOX 32 reported that Rodriguez was arrested on Feb. 26 by the U.S. Marshals Service and the Great Lakes Regional Fugitive Task Force, in coordination with Chicago police. 

Just over 830 Venezuelan migrants crossed the border in fiscal year 2023, which ended on Sept. 30, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), despite 335,000 Venezuelan citizens being encountered by border authorities.

BRAZILIAN MAN CONVICTED OF CHILD RAPE, FLED TO US, DEPORTED BACK HOME, ICE SAYS

Migrants board a deportation flight. (Veronica G. Cardenas / AFP via Getty Images / File)

More than 201,000 of them were apprehended by Border Patrol agents after crossing illegally into the U.S. The rest were encountered at ports of entry, which would include CBP One app paroles into the U.S.

CLICK TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

ERO Chicago, the Chicago Police Department, and U.S. Marshals Service did not immediately respond to Fox News Digital’s request for comment. 

Fox News Digital’s Michael Dorgan contributed to this report. 

Share

Recent Posts

Fox News AI Newsletter: Fighter pilots take directions from AI

IN TODAY’S NEWSLETTER: - Fighter pilots take directions from AI in Pentagon's groundbreaking test- Google…

20 hours ago

Scammers are using DocuSign emails to push Apple Pay fraud

Phishing scams are getting smarter, and one of the latest tricks involves fake DocuSign emails…

20 hours ago

Farmers Insurance data breach exposes 1.1M Americans

Data breaches are no longer just a problem for the tech industry. They've become a…

24 hours ago

Mary Kay’s iconic pink Cadillac shifts to fully electric

Nearly 60 years ago, Mary Kay Ash was turned away by a car salesman who…

2 days ago

Hackers found a way to turn off Windows Defender remotely

Most modern Windows PCs rely on Microsoft Defender as their first line of defense against…

2 days ago

Cybersecurity expert reveals simple trick to stop companies from tracking your online shopping

We're conditioned to think our email address is harmless. Most of us think it's just…

3 days ago