close
Ten people are dead, many injured after a driver rammed a car into a car into a gathering on Bourbon Street in New Orleans.
At least 10 people are dead and dozens injured after a driver plowed a car into a crowd of New Year’s revelers on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, according to authorities.
The driver reportedly exited the vehicle and fired a weapon after hitting the crowd. A large police presence and EMS were reported at the scene.
The incident happened around 3:15 a.m. at the intersection of Bourbon Street and Iberville, local news station WGNO reported.
“There has been a mass casualty incident on Canal and Bourbon Street. Get yourself away from the area,” NOLA Ready announced on social media.
SEPARATE SHOOTINGS NEAR NEW ORLEANS PARADE ROUTE LEAVE 2 DEAD, 10 WOUNDED
Police and EMS vehicles respond to a mass casualty incident reported on Bourbon Street in New Orleans on Jan. 1, 2025. (WVUE)
“The 8th District is currently working a mass casualty incident involving a vehicle that drove into a large crowd on Canal and Bourbon Street,” city officials said.
The NOLA City website stated 30 injured patients had been transported by NOEMS to local hospitals and announced there were at least 10 fatalities.
WILD VIDEO SHOWS MOMENT LEGO DISPLAY COLLAPSES ONTO CROWD OF KIDS, ADULTS DURING NYE BALLOON DROP GONE WRONG
At least 10 people are reported dead after a driver plowed a car into a group of people on Bourbon Street. (WVUE)
At least 30 injured people were transported by EMS, according to NOLA Ready, the city’s emergency preparedness agency. (WWL)
NYC MAN CHARGED WITH ATTEMPTED MURDER AFTER ALLEGEDLY SHOVING COMMUTER IN PATH OF SUBWAY
Police have not confirmed the number of victims involved in the incident.
Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry said in a statement, “a horrific act of violence took place on Bourbon Street earlier this morning.”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
“Please join Sharon and I in praying for all the victims and first responders on scene. I urge all near the scene to avoid the area.”
This is a breaking news story. Check back for updates.
Chris Pandolfo is a breaking news reporter for Fox News Digital. Send tips to chris.pandolfo@fox.com and follow him on Twitter @ChrisCPandolfo.
Nearly 60 years ago, Mary Kay Ash was turned away by a car salesman who…
Most modern Windows PCs rely on Microsoft Defender as their first line of defense against…
We're conditioned to think our email address is harmless. Most of us think it's just…
close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for August 28 Fox News Flash top headlines…
Right now, many people are worried that artificial intelligence (AI) is coming for their jobs.…
close Video Trump asked about Somaliland recognition at Oval Office At an Oval Office signing…