Categories: World

Man in India regains consciousness before his cremation on funeral pyre: reports

close Video

Dozens of Christian graves toppled and vandalized in historic Jerusalem cemetery

Israel Police Chief Superintendent Assaf Harel issues a statement after two people were arrested for defacing Christian graves. (Credit: Israel Police Spokesperson’s Unit)

A 25-year-old man who was declared dead and about to be cremated in India this week was found to be still alive by witnesses, according to reports. 

Rohitash Kumar, 25, who was deaf and mute, was declared dead at a hospital in the state of Rajasthan in the northwestern part of India without a post-mortem examination, according to The Times of India. 

Once it was clear Kumar was alive at his cremation on Thursday afternoon, his family reportedly took him back to a hospital where he died early Friday morning. 

COLORADO FUNERAL HOME OWNERS PLEAD GUILTY TO CORPSE ABUSE AFTER NEARLY 200 BODIES FOUND DECOMPOSING

A crematorium in India.  (Rupak De Chowdhuri/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

Three doctors involved in declaring Kumar dead at the Bhagwan Das Khetan district hospital have since been suspended, the newspaper reported. 

Kumar had suffered an epileptic seizure and was declared dead after he flatlined while doctors were performing CPR on him, the Daily Mail reported, citing the AFP news service. 

Relatives carry the body of a person who died of COVID-19 as multiple pyres of other victims burn at a crematorium in New Delhi, India, in 2021. (AP Photo/Amit Sharma, File)

10 NEWBORN BABIES DIE IN INDIA AFTER FIRE RIPS THROUGH HOSPITAL NEONATAL UNIT

“The situation was nothing short of a miracle,” a witness at the funeral pyre told local news outlet ETV Bharat. “We all were in shock. He was declared dead, but there he was, breathing and alive.” 

Ramavtar Meena, a government official in Rajasthan’s Jhunjhunu district, called the incident “serious negligence.”

The state of Rajasthan in northwestern India.  (Vishal Bhatnagar/NurPhoto via Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Action will be taken against those responsible. The working style of the doctors will also be thoroughly investigated,” he said. 

Meena added that a committee had been formed to investigate the incident. 

Share

Recent Posts

Cybersecurity expert reveals simple trick to stop companies from tracking your online shopping

We're conditioned to think our email address is harmless. Most of us think it's just…

14 hours ago

Israel confirms strike on Houthis in Yemen, marks second time this week

close Video Fox News Flash top headlines for August 28 Fox News Flash top headlines…

17 hours ago

Jobs that are most at risk from AI, according to Microsoft

Right now, many people are worried that artificial intelligence (AI) is coming for their jobs.…

18 hours ago

Is Trump considering bold Africa play to push back on China, Russia and Islamic terrorists?

close Video Trump asked about Somaliland recognition at Oval Office At an Oval Office signing…

23 hours ago

Russian attack kills 10, injures 38 others in Kyiv, Ukrainian officials say

close Video Vladimir Putin making 'maximalist' demands to end Ukraine war, NATO ambassador says U.S.…

1 day ago

White House demands all Gaza hostages return home ‘this week’ amid stalled talks

close Video Steve Witkoff touts ‘comprehensive plan’ to remediate Gaza post-peace deal Special envoy for…

2 days ago