Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay nowSign up to FREE email alerts from MirrorSport – Real MadridInvalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.SubscribeWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin has reportedly emerged as a transfer target for his former boss Carlo Ancelotti at Real Madrid.

The 24-year-old blossomed into one of the Premier League ’s best forwards under Ancelotti at Goodison Park and the Italian is now said to be keen to be reunited with his former player.

Calvert-Lewin has bagged a total of 36 goals across the last two campaigns – the majority of which were under Ancelotti – and is a part of England’s squad at Euro 2020 this summer.

Indeed, the striker’s first international cap only came last year – due to his form at the Toffees – and he has scored four goals in 10 appearances for the Three Lions.

Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin is in the England squad this summer
(Image: The FA via Getty Images)

There have been calls for the former Sheffield United striker to be given a starting role by Gareth Southgate in Tuesday’s final group game against the Czech Republic.

England captain Harry Kane has failed to register a shot on target in the first two group games and there have been suggestions he should be rested for the game, with the Everton striker given a starting berth.

Read More
Related Articles

  • What do England and Scotland need to do for crunch final group games? Your questions answered

Read More
Related Articles

  • Spain running risk of embarrassing early Euros exit after dramatic Poland draw

Now it has also been reported that Calvert-Lewin is on the wish list of the Spanish giants, with new Madrid boss Ancelotti believing he would be an ideal fit.

A report in the Sun claims that the Italian has instructed his new club to monitor a potential move for the England striker this summer window.

The suggestion does seem somewhat outlandish as Madrid are in financial difficulties of their own while Karim Benzema is their established striker and the position does not appear to be one of priority.

Would Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin be a good signing for Real Madrid? Comment below

However, it is claimed that Ancelotti is aware of Everton’s financial restrictions and believes that the club could be pressurised into selling their star for below his £60million valuation – with £50million potentially being sufficient for the deal.

Calvert-Lewin – who netted a career-best 21 goals last campaign – is said to be Everton’s most sellable commodity and a deal could allow them to reinvest in other areas of their squad.

Ancelotti walked out of Goodison Park during the close-season in a shock move that saw him reinstalled as the new boss of Real Madrid following the exit of Zinedine Zidane.

It was a move that took the Merseyside club totally by surprise and that is reflected by the fact they are yet to appoint a successor.

Calvert-Lewin was one of many Everton stars to express his shock at Ancelotti’s exit.

“It's come as a shock. I don't think anybody expected it,” he has said.

“I haven't spoken to anybody at the club apart from the Everton lads who are with England. We all felt the same. It's a big, big surprise.

“I first saw the speculation on the day that he left. By the evening, he was gone – so it was a shock.

“You just have to roll with these things. It’s how football works and you have to move forward."