The England fast-bowler made history at Old Trafford
Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories
Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
England seamer James Anderson took his 1,000th first-class wicket as Lancashire bowled Kent out for just 74 at Emirates Old Trafford.
Anderson took a wicket in each of his first three overs, then added four more in his 7-19 as Kent slumped to 34-8.
Bowling, appropriately enough, from the James Anderson End, the 38-year-old fast bowler claimed his best figures at Old Trafford.
He beat his previous Manchester best of 6-49 against Worcestershire in 2004.
His current best figures are 7-42 vs West Indies in 2017.
Anderson took the first five wickets of the Kent innings before Joe Denly was caught lbw by Danny Lamb, wrecking his chances of a ten-wicket haul.
James Anderson claimed his 1000th first-class wicket
Lamb would go on to claim a further two wickets meaning he and Anderson shared the load.
Anderson's 1,000th victim was South African Heino Kuhn, caught behind by skipper Dane Vilas.
The England star was taken off after an exceptional opening 10-over spell with figures of 10-5-19-7.
Kent were only able to last 26.2 overs and will now have to defend an incredibly low total on day 2 of their 4-day LV= County Championship match.
Rain meant no play was possible on Sunday.
Anderson is the 216th bowler in the history of first-class cricket to take 1,000 wickets.
617 of those wickets have come during Test matches for England, placing him first among seamers and fourth among all bowlers in the all-time list.
Elsewhere, Anderson's England team-mate and fellow fast bowler Ollie Robinson is free to play cricket again despite being given an eight-match ban for historical racist and sexist tweets.
Five games of the ban are suspended for two years and three have already been served, after he missed the second Test against New Zealand and two T20 Blast matches for Sussex Sharks.
Eoin Morgan claims historic tweets were "sign of respect" after messages criticised
Ollie Robinson takes break from cricket after England axe over historic tweets
"I fully accept the CDC's decision," said Robinson. "As I have said previously, I am incredibly embarrassed and ashamed about the tweets I posted many years ago and apologise unreservedly for their contents.
"I am deeply sorry for the hurt I caused to anyone who read those tweets and in particular to those people to whom the messages caused offence. This has been the most difficult time in my professional career for both my family and myself.
"Whilst I want to move on, I do want to use my experience to help others in the future through working with the PCA [player's body the Professional Cricketers' Association]."