Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay now

Who do United need to sign to mount a title challenge? Get our daily Manchester United email newsletter

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign me up!When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

Manchester United are turning the screw in the transfer market as July dawns.

The Red Devils' lengthy pursuit of Jadon Sancho seems set to be complete very shortly, while another of their targets' current employers have reportedly identified a replacement.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows signings will be key to building on their second-place finish in the 2020-21 Premier League season, as United supporters yearn for a first title triumph since the days of Sir Alex Ferguson.

The Glazer family will also be under pressure to splash the cash following heavy criticism in the latter part of last term and fan frustration on the transfer front in recent years.

Here, Mirror Football rounds-up the latest transfer news at Old Trafford.

Read More
Related Articles

  • Gary Neville slams Jadon Sancho to Man Utd transfer saga and names what he wants

Read More
Related Articles

  • Romelu Lukaku backed to make alternate career move after snubbing Premier League return

Sancho saga almost over

United are closing in on the long-awaited signing of Borussia Dortmund's Sancho for £80million, Mirror Football understands.

A deal is close to being agreed for the Red Devils to sign the England international for an initial £75m – plus an extra £5m in add-ons.

Sancho is expected to become a United player post-Euro 2020, having played just six minutes at the tournament so far.

Gareth Southgate has been reluctant to involve Sancho at the Euros and the Three Lions will meet Germany on Tuesday in the round-of-16
(Image: UEFA via Getty Images)

United attempted to sign the 21-year-old last summer, but Ed Woodward and co refused to meet Dortmund's £110m asking price.

The coronavirus pandemic has weakened BVB's resolve, though, and a fee £30m lower will now be enough to bring Sancho to Old Trafford, following his move from City to the German giants in 2017.

Since then, Sancho has racked up 50 goals and 64 assists in 137 appearances in black and yellow, unsurprisingly attracting interest from back home.

Ancelotti and co. identfy Varane replacement

Varane is reportedly looking for a new challenge this summer as European clubs circle for his signature
(Image: Icon Sport via Getty Images)

With United reportedly frontrunners along with Paris Saint-Germain to sign Real Madrid wantaway Varane this summer, Red Devils supporters will be intrigued to learn that the Los Blancos hierarchy and their newly-appointed first-time boss are said to have identified a replacement.

Fijaches via the Manchester Evening News reports that if the £68m-rated 28-year-old is to depart the Santiago Bernabeu, then Madrid will target Leicester City sensation Wesley Fofana to fill the Frenchman's role.

Manager Carlo Ancelotti is claimed to have been impressed with Fofana during his abruptly-ended tenure at Everton.

Sergio Ramos' Madrid exit has already been a blow for Real fans in 2021, but it seems Varane could soon be packing his bags, too, potentially for a period in Manchester to link up with international teammate Paul Pogba.

Would Varane be a wise investment for United? Comment your thoughts below.

Dalot the Real deal?

With AC Milan said to be stalling on signing Diogo Dalot on a permanent basis following a decent loan spell last season, Correio da Manhã via Sport Witness claim that a shock new suitor are interested in the full-back – Real Madrid.

Dalot, who made his senior Portugal debut against Varane and Pogba's France on Wednesday in their nations' 2-2 draw, appears to be considered surplus to requirements by Solskjaer, having struggled for game time since the Norweigan took charge.

Despite Ancelotti's plethora of wide defensive options, the 22-year-old is said to be an option to ‘rejuvenate’ the Spanish club’s back line, which could be much-changed this summer.

Dalot managed 33 appearances in Italy last term, proving his attacking prowess by contributing two goals and three assists as Milan made the Europa League quarter-finals and finished 3rd in Serie A.