Her owner issued a warning to others to be alert with their own dogs
Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories
Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
A puppy had to have it's eye removed after being impaled in a freak accident in the garden.
The Springer Spaniel, named Teazal, was playing with her owners at home when she suddenly ran into a branch in April.
The nine-month-old dog yelped out in pain as she was impaled in the eye by the branch, leaving her blind in one eye, the Daily Record reports.
Heartbroken owner Catherine Walker, of Glen Clova, rushed the distressed animal to Kidd Veterinary Centre in Forfar for emergency treatment and hoped the eye could be saved.
But Teazal's injury began to 'bulge' and the 53-year-old was forced to make the heart-breaking decision to let vets remove her pet's eye on Wednesday.
Teazal, aged nine months, ran into a branch
She said: “Unfortunately Teazal had to get her eye removed. The pressure wasn't going down and it was bulging.
“I had to make the heart-breaking decision to remove it.
“She is home now and doing okay albeit I’m goosed but she's worth it.”
Previously Catherine had issued a warning to others to be on alert after the shock accident.
She said: “Teazal was just bounding about the garden when it happened.
'Amazing' therapy dog helps save woman thinking of taking her own life on motorway
Mum reunited with stolen dog after she was found giving birth 240 miles away
“I was gutted, I took her straight to Kidds vets in Forfar who were amazing. Despite the surgery, I know she will adapt.
"I don't know the total costs but Teazals health and welfare comes first.
"She is taking it in her stride, I'm more upset than her. I would hate this to happen to anyone else.
“I want to tell others to be careful, I have had dogs all my life and this has never happened before.
“I know you can't wrap them in cotton wool but please be careful.”