Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman were allegedly murdered following a birthday party at Fryent Country Park in Wembley, London (Image: PA)

Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

A man who had gone searching for his missing girlfriend and her sister described how he fell to his knees when he found their bodies in a London park.

Nicole Smallman, 27, and Bibaa Henry, 46, were allegedly murdered by Danyal Hussein, 19, in what he thought was a blood pact with a demon to win the lottery.

His bedroom contained the blood-signed promise that he would sacrifice six women every six months for 'demon' Lucifuge Rofocale, all so he could win the Mega Millions Super Jackpot, the Old Bailey heard.

The sisters had been celebrating Ms Henry's birthday with friends in Fryent Country Park in Wembley, north-west London, on June 5 last year.

Ms Smallman's boyfriend Adam Stone on Monday broke down at the Old Bailey as he told of his frantic search for them both.

Mr Stone, who had known Ms Smallman for six years, had not been at the party but had given her money for a minicab home.

Nicole Smallman's boyfriend Adam Stone was the one who discovered they 'were gone'
(Image: PA)

Just after 1am on June 6, he received a last text message from her saying: "I'm dancing in a field."

The next day she did not respond to his reply and he became increasingly worried as neither her friends nor family had seen her, the court heard.

He reported Ms Smallman missing to police and even attempted to track her mobile phone, without success, the jury was told.

By the morning of Sunday June 7, Mr Stone decided to go in search of Ms Smallman in the park where she had been last seen, the court heard.

Speaking from behind a screen in court, he said: "I spoke to my mum and said we need to go looking. I received a message from Nicole's mum, the address where they had gone."

Once in the park, he separated from his parents and they began searching by "shouting and looking in bushes", he said.

He also met up with Ms Bibaa's concerned friend Nina Esmat on top of a hill, the court heard.

He said: "She was already at the position where they had been the night before. She had found some sunglasses.

"I think she called the police and they told her to bring the glasses to the station."

The boyfriend of Ms Smallman described how he screamed and fell to his knees when he discovered the sisters' bodies
(Image: PA)

Mr Stone said he felt "terrified" as he found a second pair of glasses, which he left where they were "just in case it was a crime scene".

He said he kept searching the park with his parents after Ms Esmat left to go to the police station.

Mr Stone's father indicated he had found something and he ran over and saw a knife on the ground, jurors heard.

He said: "The second I saw the knife I started running. I already had my phone ringing 999."

He also spotted some shoes in undergrowth and ran around and "dived into the bushes", he said.

Mr Stone became emotional as he described finding the two women's bodies while on the phone to the police.

"I fell to my knees in front of Nicole," he said.

Bibaa Henry and her sister were last known to be 'dancing in a field' just after 1am on June 6
(Image: PA)

"I screamed and I saw my mum and dad were a couple of metres behind me.

"I jumped up and turned around, gave my phone to my dad.

"I was still connected to 999 and grabbed them by the shoulders and told them not to look in there."

Earlier, Ms Esmat had described her feelings of "dread" after attending her friend's party, which had been decked out with blankets, cushions and fairly lights.

Describing the atmosphere of the party, she said: "It was lovely to get together with people after lockdown.

"It was a beautiful evening, amazing view, amazing sunset.

Danyal Hussein denies double murder and possessing a knife
(Image: PA)

"We were all taking pictures remarking on the sky at night."

Ms Esmat was one of the last to leave at around 11.45pm while the sisters stayed on, the court heard.

She told jurors: "I had the impression they were not going to stay long. It felt a safe space."

Afterwards, Ms Esmat WhatsApped Ms Henry to ask about her evening and sent her some photographs from the party – but heard nothing back.

Photo of lottery tickets found in Hussein's room and shown to the jury
(Image: PA)

She went on: "The next morning her cousin messaged me and as soon as I heard her voice I knew something was wrong.

"I was filled with dread."

She told jurors how she spotted Ms Henry's new designer prescription sunglasses in the grass.

"I saw them glinting in the sun and my heart sank. I just knew she would not have left them behind."

Her concern heightened after the second pair of glasses was found.

Ms Esmat set off to Wembley police station to hand in the glasses, leaving Mr Stone to continue the search.

She said. "He just said to me 'I don't know what to do' while I was gone and, I regret saying this, I just said 'if you can bear it just keep looking'."

CCTV shows Hussein in Asda allegedly purchasing a knife block on June 3
(Image: PA)

While in the police station, she heard messages on the radio about Fryent Park, the court heard.

Ms Esmat said: "Adam eventually texted me to say 'I've found them. They are gone'.

"I knew what he meant but I did not want to believe it. I did reply 'what do you mean they are gone?'

"He said 'they are dead'."

Hussein, of Guy Barnett Grove, Blackheath, south-east London, has denied double murder and possessing a knife.