Aaliyah-Rose Wilkinson was alive for just an hour before it was clear she was suffering with a number of medical issues (Image: MEN Media)

Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

The heartbroken mother of a 18-week-old baby girl had to watch her precious daughter die in her arms after fighting to stay alive for four months.

Aaliyah-Rose Wilkinson, was born on February 1, at North Manchester General Hospital, but it soon became clear she had a number of worrying medical issues, including problems with her brain, heart and lungs.

She was just one hour old when mum Victoria Wilkinson, 23, realised something was wrong with her baby, reports the Manchester Evening News.

Medics whisked Aaliyah-Rose away for tests, discovering she was retaining fluid in her lungs instead of dispersing it, that she had a hole in her heart, and was having multiple seizures.

As well as these issues, her oxygen levels would drop dangerously low and her heart would stop without warning.

Victoria Wilkinson kept a vigil by her bedside at Royal Manchester Children's Hospital, where she was transferred, while dad Connor Madley, 24, looked after her two other children Sapphire, four and Jasper, three and his own son Kai, six.

Despite tests for a number of conditions, including epilepsy and cerebral palsy, doctors were unable to give a proper diagnosis and eventually Aaliyah-Rose was discharged when it became clear there was nothing more staff could do for her.

She was baptised on Sunday May 16 and after taking her home four days later, her family began preparing themselves for the worst.

Aaliyah-Rose fought a brave battle for 18 weeks
(Image: MEN Media)

Aaliyah-Rose's nana Tracey Wilkinson, 45, says she was contacted over social media by a telepathic vibrational sound healer in Colorado, who offered to help for free.

The devastated family were willing to try anything to save their baby, and although they were unsure at first, Tracey said Aaliyah-Rose appeared to be benefitting from his sessions.

They involved the healer, Mujin Choi, making short bursts of breath and whistling sounds down the phone, which is placed close to her ear.

Sadly on Tuesday, June 8, Aaliyah-Rose passed away aged just 18 weeks.

Read More
Related Articles

  • Nurse with no womb expecting first child after selfless sister becomes her surrogate

Read More
Related Articles

  • Nurse with no womb expecting first child after selfless sister becomes her surrogate

Tracey says: "We knew she was on borrowed time when she came to us.

"But it was so difficult that it was so quick.

"The community nursing staff were seeing the improvements, she was showing them how strong she was and our hopes were raised, but she got an infection and was just too tired to fight it.

"She was full of love – when you walked in the room all your worries went away.

"She was so calm and peaceful.

"Don't get me wrong….she was a little diva and she knew how to keep us on her toes.

"But when the world was falling apart she brought us all together with love, understanding and patience."

Baby Aaliyah-Rose passed away on June 8, aged just 18 weeks
(Image: MEN Media)

Mum Victoria said: " He (Mujin Choi) was doing really well with her, she was comfortable with him.

"Then she got an infection and was given antibiotics, but they didn't work.

"She was given new antibiotics on the morning of the day she died but we could tell she wasn't going to make it because of her breathing.

"She was on 24 hours of oxygen, but she was pulling faces and there were big gaps in her breathing.

Read More
Related Articles

  • Pregnant partner of man killed by crossbow pulled bloody bolt from her own neck

"We kept trying to stimulate her, rubbing her chest, but in the end we stopped.

"She took her last breath in Connor's arms – he passed her to me and I held her in my arms.

"Her heart stopped in my arms.

"She looked peaceful – and that is what matters."

Victoria said she has been visiting her daughter daily since her death, ahead of her funeral on Friday at Boarshaw Cemetery in Middleton.

And she says she has taken comfort in seeing her looking so peaceful.

Victoria says that at first she wanted hospital staff to take away the do not resuscitate order.

But says when Aaliyah-Rose got an infection she accepted she was at the end of her life.

She says: "It was her time and she needed to let us know.

"She was comfortable when she passed away and that's all that matters.

"We will miss her."

Aaliyah-Rose's family has set up a Gofundme page to help with funeral costs.