The toddler was taken to hospital but later died, police say

Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

A toddler has tragically died after being found unresponsive in a garden pond, police say.

The 18-month-old girl was discovered in Falkirk on Thursday.

Emergency services rushed to Dollar Avenue at around 6:10pm before the child was taken to hospital.

But she sadly died a short time later, Police Scotland said.

A major probe has now been launched, the force added in a statement.

A neighbour, who did not want to be named, told the Daily Record they'd heard "screaming" as they were cutting the grass.

"I could tell by the screaming there was something seriously wrong, it was horrible, I can still hear it in my head," they said.

Have you been affected by this incident? Email [email protected]

Emergency services raced to Dollar Avenue
(Image: Google)

"Minutes later I heard sirens, and then loads of police turned up along with an ambulance – they all went running round the back of the house.

"I couldn't really see what was going on, but cops were standing at the back door and looking into the house.

Read More
Related Articles

  • Hospital worker used dead patient's card to buy sweets and fizzy drinks minutes later

Read More
Related Articles

  • Dead child found in sports bag in the sea 'almost certainly' girl kidnapped by dad

"Paramedics carried the child out into the ambulance and it went flying out the street behind a police car."

It is understood the youngster was pulled from the water before medics arrived and was then rushed to hospital under a police escort.

A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “Emergencies services attended at Dollar Avenue in Falkirk at 6.10pm on Thursday, 10 June, after an 18-month old child had fallen into a pond.

"The child was taken to Forth Valley Royal Hospital for treatment, where she died a short time later. Enquiries into the incident are ongoing.”