Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay now
Get all the boxing & MMA updates you need with our Mirror Fighting email update – sign up here
Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
YouTube star AnEsonGib has slammed boxing promoter Eddie Hearn for an 'outrageous' story he told after putting on his fight with Jake Paul last year.
Gib, who returns to the ring for an exhibition bout with TikTok star Tayler Holder this weekend, was stopped in the first round by Paul after being dropped three times in their Miami bout, which constitutes a TKO under Florida State rules.
And after the bout, Hearn claimed in an interview that he had implored the social media star to give up boxing, and even claimed that he told him point blank that he "couldn't fight".
But speaking to Mirror Fighting ahead of his return on 'Social Gloves: Battle of the Platform' on Saturday night, the influencer said that the conversation did not happen the way Hearn claims.
"I saw the interview and he didn't say that!" Gib (real name Ali Al-Fakhri) said. "He did not say that, I couldn't believe when he said that.
AnEsonGib was given his pro debut by Eddie Hearn
(Image: Ed Mulholland/Matchroom Boxing USA)
"I can understand why he said that, he put on the fight and he's trying to save his skin, but he never said that to me – he never f***ing said that to me.
"The real conversation was, he saw me on the lift and he said, "Uou've tried your best, you made some money', I said, 'Thank you for letting me be on the event,' he said, 'You've been a good sport' and that was it.
"So when I saw his interview, I was like 'what? How can he say that?' It wasn't real."
The YouTube star now turns his attentions to his ring return on Saturday night, live on pay-per-view from the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami.
He faces TikTok star Holder in what will be his fourth fight overall, and his first since taking a humiliating loss to Paul just down the road the Meridian Island Gardens.
And Gib believes he will be returning to the professional ranks after defeating his untested opponent and earning what he calls 'redemption in Miami'.
He and fellow Brit Deji Olatunji have had to take a two-week detour to Mexico with their coaches before they are permitted in to the United States due to travel restrictions, which has come at great financial cost to both men.
For the first time, his corner won't feature British cruiserweight prospect Viddal Riley, but he will retain the services of Muay Thai expert Leon Wills and new coach Abdul Yaseen.
"I'm coming to win, and I want to take all names and I'm coming for everyone," added Gib. "I love this, I want this, I'm coming for everyone in my path.
"Everyone that's fighting on this event, or anything else, I'm coming for them, I just need the figures to work.
"I'm not in this for money, but it has to make sense, there's a team and it isn't cheap to bring my trainers out to Cancun so it really has to be right with the figures.
"People have to be taking this seriously, I don't know how many people on this card are taking this seriously and they might think they're working hard but you only learn this stuff from experience."
Deji will return to the ring to face Vinnie Hacker at 'Social Gloves: Battle of the Platforms', which takes place at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens on Saturday, June 12 and will stream on LiveXLive.com.
Fans in the US can attend the event live by purchasing tickets at Ticketmaster outlets and online at www.ticketmaster.com.