Rachel Crump and her partner Alex Woods fear some of their relatives could die before the wedding if they delay again
Get email updates with the day’s biggest stories
Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice
A couple is terrified that some of their relatives could die before they get married if lockdown is extended beyond June 21.
The Mirror has been inundated with messages from brides-to-be who are panicking about having to push back their weddings due to coronavirus restrictions.
Many fear the Prime Minister will extend the cap on wedding guest numbers beyond June 21 amid concerns over rising Covid infections and the Indian variant.
Rachel Crump is worried that some of her family members will not live long enough to attend her ceremony if she reschedules her wedding again.
She has already 'lost' three loved ones since she was forced to push back her original date due to lockdown.
The 28-year-old, from Billericay, Essex, told The Mirror: "We have already lost three of our most important guests, these are people who will never get to see or be part of our special day.
This is the moment Alex proposed to Rachel in Crete in 2019
"I do fear that the longer this goes on for, the more at risk we are of important family members not being able to make a future date.
"I am concerned some of them could pass away if it has to be pushed back further. My grandad and partner's great nan are not getting any younger.
"This is our second wedding date, we were originally due to get married on June 26 last year which was booked in mid 2019 pre-pandemic.
The couple would be 'devastated' if they had to delay their wedding again
"If we had to face the heartbreak of postponing our wedding again, it would be devastating."
Her grandparents, who were previously able to attend the wedding, are now in care homes with advanced dementia and her fiancé's great grandad passed away in November.
She and her partner Alex Woods, 29, think they will have to postpone their wedding until next year if Boris Johnson extends lockdown beyond June 21.
Rachel said: "We both have large families and cannot possibly face choosing which family members are worthy of attending."
Camilla Down and her partner Alexander Mitchelmore say their life has been put on hold by the Government's mishandling of weddings
Bride-to-be Camilla Down, 31, revealed she is suffering panic attacks and has burst into tears over the potential extension of lockdown.
The employment lawyer, who is due to get married on July 3, said she and her partner Alexander Mitchelmore still do not know whether to cancel their wedding.
She told The Mirror: "We are desperate to get on with our lives and try for a baby. It feels as though our whole life is on hold.
The couple say they would not be able to cut their number of guests down to the current limit
"I don't want to be pregnant or just having given birth at my wedding."
Speaking about whether she will go ahead with her wedding on July 3, Camilla said: "Both my fiancé and I have big immediate families and are very close with our extended families.
"Reducing the number of guests to 28 would create some impossible decisions – choosing between family and best friends.
"If there are amended rules put in place, we might go ahead. But without any guidance or idea, we simply cannot plan and have to watch the days tick by."
Daisy Bedford and her partner Tom Blackhurst will have to delay their wedding for up to three years if lockdown is extended
Daisy Bedford, 29, from Yorkshire, fears she and her partner Tom Blackhurst will have to postpone their wedding for up to three years if Mr Johnson delays the end of lockdown beyond June 21.
She told The Mirror: "We are hoping to get married on June 26 – it will actually be our fourth date.
"If lockdown restrictions extend we will probably have to postpone to 2023 to 2024 due to our venue and suppliers having a backlog of weddings from last year and also new weddings.
The couple will have to postpone their ceremony or lose £30,000
"If we were to go ahead with 30 guests, we would lose close to £30,000 that we have already paid so postponing again is our only option to ensure we do not lose any more money."
Corissa Hilditch does not even know if she should change her wedding cake order as she has no idea how many guests will be allowed at her ceremony.
She told The Mirror: "We are 17 days away from hopefully being married and still none the wiser on how many guests to cater for.
Corissa Hilditch and Justyn Haycock have already postponed their wedding twice
"We have provisionally ordered a cake to serve 120 people. I'm hoping they will let me amend the booking if I have to go for a smaller cake!
"We are unsure whether to reschedule again as there are no dates left available in the near future but will also struggle to combine the two families into a limit of 30 people."
The 27-year-old originally planned to wed her partner Justyn Haycock, 31, on September 12 last year, however she had to postpone it twice before finally settling on her current date of June 26.
Corissa added that she is also facing headaches in relation to their DJ, transport and even the church.
Jessie Westwood, co-founder of the What About Weddings campaign, said: "The consequences of delaying the lockdown by even a couple of weeks would be devastating for couples who have postponed multiple times, but catastrophic for thousands of businesses across the UK.
"Over 150,000 jobs are at immediate risk, and over 300,000 couples have lives on hold as they anxiously wait for news next week.
"It is high time the government gave the wedding industry priority in their reopening plans, and respected the religious and cultural milestones events that have been prevented from happening since March 2020."