Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay now

Celeb obsessed? Get a daily dose of showbiz gossip direct to your inbox

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

Kay Burley made a comeback to Sky News for the first time on Monday.

The broadcast journalist, 60, was suspended for six months and taken off air after she broke lockdown to celebrate her birthday in a tier two London last year.

Her high-flying career with Sky News has spanned 32 years after she was first hired in 1988.

Kay gushed it was great to be back when she returned to everyone's screens at seven o'clock on Sky News dressed in a sky blue suit.

She told viewers: "Hello everybody, it is great to be back. It is 7 o'clock here in the UK, welcome wherever you are – let's crack on."

Kay Burley is back on Sky News after 6 month suspension for breaking lockdown
(Image: PA)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Liam Payne splits from fiancee Maya Henry after 10-month engagement and blames himself

Delighted to be back, the presenter has been sharing soundbites from her interviews on the sofa at Sky News all over Twitter.

She wrote: "Coming up on #kayburley from 7am."

Ahead of her return, she tweeted: "See you on Monday. Hope you’re as happy as I am to be back."

During her suspension, Kay took a trip to South Africa and volunteered at a food bank with the London's Community Kitchen charity.

Her high-flying career with Sky News has spanned 32 years after she was first hired in 1988
(Image: SKY NEWS)

Read More
Related Articles


  • Ryan Reynolds says his daughters inspired him to speak out about mental health

The TV star stepped back from her broadcasting job for six months after she broke lockdown rules.

At the time, Kay apologised for the "big mistake" but she said she thought she was "Covid-compliant".

In December, she released a statement: “I have today agreed with Sky News to step back from my broadcasting role for a period of reflection. It’s clear to me that we are all in the fight against Covid-19 and that we all have a duty to stick firmly by the rules.

She was back in business
(Image: PA)

“It doesn’t matter that I thought I was Covid-complaint on a recent social event. The fact is I was wrong, I made a big mistake, and I am sorry. Some dear friends and colleagues – some of the most talented and committed professionals in our business – have been pulled into this episode and I regret this enormously.

“I was one of the founding presenters on Sky News. No one is prouder of our channel’s reputation, the professionals on our team and the impact we make. I very much look forward to being able to continue my 32-year career with Sky when I return.”

Details of her lockdown-breaking party were leaked.

A paparazzi photographer was hired by the same group of people to capture the party bigger than six celebrating Kay's birthday which was breaking the Covid rules at the time.