Video LoadingVideo UnavailableClick to playTap to playThe video will auto-play soon8CancelPlay now

Get all the boxing & MMA updates you need with our Mirror Fighting email update – sign up here

Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later.Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Your information will be used in accordance with ourPrivacy Notice.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy notice

Tyson Fury will fight Deontay Wilder on July 24 at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, according to promoter Bob Arum.

A deal was set and plans in place to announce Anthony Joshua as Fury's next opponent for the undisputed heavyweight title fight on August 14 in Saudi Arabia, but last night an arbitration case by Wilder had ordered a trilogy between the two.

And now it appears that Fury will be postponing his fight with Joshua until the winter so that he can take care of his contractual obligation to fight the American.

Speaking to ESPN, Bob Arum said: "We’re not paying Wilder to step aside. It’s better to get rid of him and go about our business. We can make the Fury-Joshua fight for November or December.”

Arum indicated that the bout will take place on July 24 at the new Las Vegas Raiders stadium, which can hold a capacity crowd of 62,000.

It is expected that should they be able to sell the tickets, Top Rank and PBC would be allowed a capacity crowd at the stadium as Vegas reopens.

If the fight does happen, it will take place just two weeks after Conor McGregor's fight with Dustin Poirier at the T-Mobile Arena, which will signal the return of capacity crowds at sporting events in Nevada.

Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury will have a trilogy fight on July 24, according to Bob Arum

Read More
Related Articles


  • Tyson Fury's options as Anthony Joshua fight plunged into doubt

Read More
Related Articles


  • Inside story of Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder dispute as Anthony Joshua fight in doubt

The news comes as a massive blow to British boxing fans, who were desperate to see Fury and Joshua do battle this summer in what was called the biggest fight in the history of the sport in the UK.

And now it appears that both men will take fights in the interim; with Joshua's promoter Eddie Hearn set to begin talks with mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk for his three world title belts.

Usyk was ordered as mandatory for Joshua's WBO title, but was willing to fight Joe Joyce in the interim while Joshua-Fury took place in Saudi Arabia.

Fury was contracted to offer Wilder a third fight after stopping him in the seventh round in February 2020, but their July date last year was scrapped due to the coronavirus pandemic and the lack of crowds.

The trilogy bout was pushed back to first October and then December before it was again postponed, prompting Fury to walk away and pursue a mega money deal with Anthony Joshua.

The pair agreed to terms last Summer, and a contract was finally signed over the last few days for a deal that would have seen the British duo split a £110m ($150m) site deal to fight in Jeddah.

Construction on a new stadium was said to be beginning shortly, but those plans appear, for now, to be scuppered.