Golden State forward Kevin Durant will not play in Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday and he might not travel with the team to Toronto due to his calf injury, coach Steve Kerr told reporters on Monday.
NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors
- Game 1: Warriors @ Raptors – Friday, May 31, 2am
- Game 2: Warriors @ Raptors – Monday June 3, 1am
- Game 3: Raptors @ Warriors – Thursday June 6, 2am
- Game 4: Raptors @ Warriors – Saturday June 8, 2am
- Game 5 (if needed): Warriors @ Raptors – Tuesday June 11, 2am
- Game 6 (if needed): Raptors @ Warriors – Friday June 14, 2am
- Game 7 (if needed): Warriors @ Raptors – Monday June 17, 1am
- All games broadcast live on Sky Sports Arena
Kerr said that injured center DeMarcus Cousins (quadriceps), is listed as “questionable”.
Follow Sky Sports NBA on Twitter
See the NBA's best plays and stay up to date with the latest news
Durant injured his right calf on May 8 in Game 5 of the Western Conference finals against the Houston Rockets.
DeMarcus Cousins in action against the Philadelphia 76ers
Cousins tore the quad muscle in his left leg in Game 2 of the first round of the playoffs against the Los Angeles Clippers on April 15, but the injury did not require surgery.
Get NBA news on your phone
Want the latest NBA news, features and highlights on your phone? Find out more
Game 1 of the NBA Finals takes place in Toronto in the early hours of Friday morning (2am) live on Sky Sports Arena.
Want to watch the NBA but don’t have Sky Sports? Get the Sky Sports Action and Arena pack, click here.