James Harden continued his historic scoring streak with a 58-point season-high performance in the Houston Rockets’ loss to the Brooklyn Nets on Wednesday night.
The reigning MVP went one better than he did in Monday’s win over the Memphis Grizzlies to take his tally for the past two games to 115 points.
Live NBA: New York @ Washington
Thursday 17th January 7:45pm
That mark ties him for the third-most in a two-game span in the past 30 years, trailing only Kobe Bryant and Michael Jordan, who both recorded 118-point runs.
Get Sky Sports USA
Want to watch the NFL or NBA on the Sky Sports USA channel? Upgrade here
Harden has also now scored at least 30 points in 18 consecutive games, leaving him two short of Wilt Chamberlain’s 20-game streak in 1964.
Wednesday night's scores
- Orlando Magic 115-120 Detroit Pistons
- Toronto Raptors 108-117 Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets 145-142 Houston Rockets (OT)
- Milwaukee Bucks 111-101 Memphis Grizzlies
- San Antonio Spurs 105-101 Dallas Mavericks
- Cleveland Cavaliers 112-129 Portland Trail Blazers
- New Orleans Pelicans 140-147 Golden State Warriors
- Utah Jazz 129-109 Los Angeles Clippers
However, Spencer Dinwiddie’s 33 points for the Nets meant Harden and the short-handed Rockets were denied a home victory.
Want to watch the NFL or NBA on the Sky Sports USA channel but don’t have Sky Sports? Get the Sky Sports Action and Arena pack, click here.