Stephen Curry scored 42 points, including a last-second game-winning lay-up, to lead the Golden State Warriors to a 129-127 win over the Los Angeles Clippers.
Curry led all scorers with 42 points on 12-of-22 shooting, including hitting six of his 15 three-point attempts.
Curry’s haul included a four-point play, nailing a long three despite being fouled by Clips’ defender Avery Bradley then adding the free throw, that gave the Warriors a 122-117 advantage with 3:32 left in the game.
Sunday night's scores
- Memphis Grizzlies 107-99 Los Angeles Lakers
- Dallas Mavericks 118-121 Portland Trail Blazers (OT)
- Atlanta Hawks 98-95 Detroit Pistons
- Washington Wizards 89-105 Indiana Pacers
- Charlotte Hornets 103-119 Boston Celtics
- Phoenix Suns 103-111 Brooklyn Nets
- Chicago Bulls 112-92 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Miami Heat 115-91 Orlando Magic
- Minnesota Timberwolves 114-112 Oklahoma City Thunder
- New Orleans Pelicans 117-122 Sacramento Kings
- Los Angeles Clippers 127-129 Golden State Warriors
But the Golden State franchise star saved his best for last. The Clippers had battled back to tie the game 127 apiece with 4.7 seconds remaining. Curry held possession near halfcourt but had a mismatch against Los Angeles big man Montrezl Harrell.
After milking as much time off the clock as he could, Curry blew by Harrell and drove into the open lane where he scooped home a right-handed lay-up that dropped through the net with 0.5 seconds remaining, sealing victory for the Warriors.
Click the video at the top of the page to watch Curry’s game-winning bucket then click the video below to see all the highlights of his 42-point performance
Steph Curry dropped 42 points, including the game-winner as the Golden State Warriors got the win over the LA Clippers
Sky Sports is the home of the NBA in the UK with live coverage throughout the week, including selected live games free to all Sky subscribers via Sky Sports Mix. www.skysports.com/nba will be your home for news, reports, video and features throughout the season while you can follow us @SkySportsNBA