Lauri Markkanen hit the game-winning lay-up with 4.9 seconds remaining as the Chicago Bulls beat the Oklahoma City Thunder 114-112.
Rockets @ Mavericks free live stream
Watch the Rockets take on the Mavs via our free live stream on Saturday at 11pm
Markkanen, who recently returned to the Bulls line-up after missing the first 23 games of the season, supplied 24 points on his second appearance as a starter.
The 21-year-old Finn saved his best moment for crunch-time. With the teams tied at 112 apiece, Bulls guard Zach LaVine handed the ball off to Markkanen on the right wing.
Get NBA news on your phone
Want the latest NBA news, features and highlights on your phone? Find out more
Markkanen dribbled to the top of the key before beating his defender Paul George with a canny spin move to open up the route to the Thunder basket.
One dribble and two steps later, the second-year pro was at the rim to lay in what proved to be the winning basket beyond the flailing arms of Thunder center Steven Adams as the Bulls ran out 114-112 victors.
Click on the video at the top of the page to watch Markkanen’s decisive bucket
Friday night's results
- Los Angeles Lakers 120-133 San Antonio Spurs
- Toronto Raptors 105-106 Brooklyn Nets (OT)
- Philadelphia 76ers 117-111 Detroit Pistons
- Denver Nuggets 107-113 Charlotte Hornets
- Indiana Pacers 112-90 Orlando Magic
- Sacramento Kings 129-110 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Oklahoma City Thunder 112-114 Chicago Bulls
- Memphis Grizzlies 107-103 New Orleans Pelicans
- Miami Heat 115-98 Phoenix Suns
- Golden State Warriors 105-95 Milwaukee Bucks
Sky Sports is the new home of the NBA in the UK with live coverage throughout the week, including selected live games free to all Sky subscribers via Sky Sports Mix.
And www.skysports.com/nba will be your home for news, reports, video and features throughout the season while you can follow us @SkySportsNBA