Stephen Curry made nine three-pointers on his way to dropping 42 points in the Golden State Warriors victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Although it was a matchup of the sides that have contested the last four NBA Finals, there was some glamour and intensity lacking with LeBron James having moved on from Cleveland to Los Angeles.
However, Curry, who was playing just his third game since returning from almost a month out with a groin injury, ensured there was ample entertainment.
Get NBA news on your phone
Want the latest NBA news, features and highlights on your phone? Find out more
The two-time MVP scored 25 in the first half and was similarly impressive in the second as the Warriors reeled off a second straight victory.
Having appeared completely dominant before his injury, Golden State went 5-6 in Curry’s absence, but will now hope to regain the swagger with which they started the season.
Wednesday night's results
- Golden State Warriors 129-105 Cleveland Cavaliers
- Denver Nuggets 124-118 Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards 131-117 Atlanta Hawks
- Oklahoma City Thunder 114-112 Brooklyn Nets
- Philadelphia 76ers 102-113 Toronto Raptors
- Los Angeles Clippers 86-96 Memphis Grizzlies
- Detroit Pistons 92-115 Milwaukee Bucks
- Charlotte Hornets 104-121 Minnesota Timberwolves
- Dallas Mavericks 106-132 New Orleans Pelicans
- San Antonio Spurs 113-121 Los Angeles Lakers
Sky Sports is the new home of the NBA in the UK with live coverage throughout the week, including selected live games free to all Sky subscribers via Sky Sports Mix.
And www.skysports.com/nba will be your home for news, reports, video and features throughout the season while you can follow us @SkySportsNBA